Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Help.braces?

im getting braces on friday so i just wan to know every there is to know! ty!
Answer:
Hi,
I'm 39 years old now, and I had braces when I was a freshman through the beginning of my junior year in high school.I know braces have changed since then, but their is one thing I want you to know! IT'S WORTH IT! Be glad your getting them! I cannot tell you how many people have complimented me on how beautiful and perfect my teeth are. I remember I actually hesitated getting them, because I didn't want to have to go through wearing them for two years. I'm so glad I made the right choice......... that's all I know!
Just YOU know your making the right choice!Good Luck!
I would recommend taking some Tylenol or Advil about 30 minutes before your appointment to head the discomfort off. You may be a little sore, and eating will be tough for the first couple of days. Definitely get yourself some braces wax...I remember the worst part was the way the brackets tore up my lips at first. Otherwise, it's really not that bad. Stock up on smoothie mix, yogurt, and soups for the first couple of days though--you will be a little sore.Good luck!
hmmm... its there to straigthen out ur teeth unless ur putting it on for design. its gonna hurt for the first few days but ul survive. its not that painful. if your worrying about how to brush it, they'l give u a specialized toothbrush for that and you brush the same way. u can choose a variety of colors for the elastic band so experiment with it. u just be careful with gums coz they'll stick and its difficult to remove. i guess thats it. goodluck!
It's going to hurt at first, and feel weird, but you'll get used to it. You'll go back regularly to get them "tightened," which sorry to say hurts for the rest of the day. Depending on your case you may be asked to wear bands, which are extremely tiny rubber bands that you attach to various tiny metal hooks on the braces. (I'm not really sure how much I believe that those work.) You might be asked to wear a retainer after you get them off.If you can choose your color, don't choose white. They get dirty. Black looks like stuff is stuck on your teeth.Oh and when you go to the dentist they have to use spray to clean around them, and for some reason it's salty, so bring chapstick.It's not as bad as Hollywood likes to make it seem. They're not that noticeable (some people won't even realize you've got them).
At first, I always felt like my mouth was filled with food particles. I found getting a softer toothbrush was helpful in getting food from between my teeth and the braces.
Getting braces ok. It didn't hurt one bit and I didn't need any medication afterwards eventhough I think I might of had some teeth/jaw pains. The braces isn't what you should worry about, its the appliances they put in after :)

No comments:

Post a Comment