Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How can I purchase dental insurance for myself? I'm having a hard time understanding how!?

I want a dental insurance that will pay a good percentage toward fillings, root canals, extractions, and crowns. I am self-employed. Please help! I have never purchased dental insurance and the web search confused me. I also want to make sure there is no waiting period before I can use the benefits, because I need dental work as soon as possible.
Answer:
You have three options with dental.Insurance - Depending upon the policy: cost $30-$60 per month. $50 deductible, annual maximum of $750 - $1500, waiting period up to 18 months for major work and then you're paying 50% of the charges. Example - average cost for a root canal in my area is $829. With insurance you pay $414 after paying 18 months of premium (around $800 or $900). Advantage - you can use any dentist with most plans.Discount plans - Cost - $5-$10 per month. No deductible, no annual maximum and no waiting periods. Also, hardly any dentists will accept the plan and when they do you MIGHT get a 10% discount, which is about the same discount you can get by paying cash. Example - average cost for a root canal in my area is $829. With discount plans you pay around $746.Fee for Service discount plans - Cost $7-$15 per month. No deductible, no annual maximum and no waiting periods. Many dentist will accept the plan (check providers first before signing up with any plan). When you use the plan there is a set fee that the dentist will charge you. Example - average cost for a root canal in my area is $829. With fee for service plans you pay as little as $404. I'm an insurance agent and my personal plan is the fee for service plan. I got mine here http://www.dpbrokers.com/default.aspx?lo... specifically the Aetna Dental Access plan but which one you get depends upon your area and comparing the fee schedule to find the best for what you need covered.
i went through an insurance broker. insurance for self employed or individuals is very expensive, you usually have a waiting period
You cant unless your employer offers it or your insurance offers it as something extra you can buy. Best thing to do is visit a local dental college to have the work done there.
Go here..Discount Dental Plans %26 Dental InsuranceI have independent dental insurance through Guardian Dental. But there are many other plans out there. Good luck.
we my company offers discount health plans and our dental includes vision prescription and chirpractic care also you save up to 80% on all of these and it includes orthodontic work, caps and crowns, whitenings cleanings xrays etc etc lasik suregery eyeglasses contacts, etc etc its really cheap and affordable you can check out the link we do have group plans as well for employers who need it for employeeswww.everyonebenefits.com/40506...or you can email meECarson@iboplus.com
Ask to talk to an agent. You can do it over the phone or in person. They'll explain everything. Most medical plans also include dental. So check w/your medical provider. I didn't know a thing and the agent really helps. I shopped around and met w/a few agents (Bc life, Blue Cross, Kaiser) until I found one just right. Beware of dental discount programs on the net though. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment