Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How can I stop biting my nails?

I'm 17 years old and I'v been biting my nails ever since i grew teeth and my mom says that I'm nervous and hiding a secret but how can I be hiding a 17 year old secret? Please help, my fingers hurt and I can't stop! :, (
Answer:
It's a habit...and it's really hard to get rid of it...I have a few suggestions... 1) Wear gloves 2) Wear rubber bands on your hands...when you try to bite your finger again...hit your hands with these rubber bands...The pain will remind you not to bite your fingers again.And i don't think that you'll choose the first one.Yet, the most important thing is you yourself ( wether want to get rid of this bad habit forever or keep biting your nails for the rest of your lives )...
have fake nails put on..
get Bitter Bit bail polish.this along with other brands are a clear nail polish, that tastes so horrible, if you try to bite your nails, you get a bitter hit of taste...it works well.
There is this thing you can buy in the pharmacy that looks like clear nail polish and you apply that to your nails and when you bite them it tastes NASTYYYYYY, its a good way for many people
My nanny had the same problem but when she went to the chemist they gave her a bottle of stuff to brush on to her nails and that stopped her from biting her nails. You should ask in the chemist .
I need to stop too :( :(
My friend had the same problem.
She decided to stop last year because her fingers were ugly.
Instead of chewwing her nails she started to chew a lot of gum. Over the months she got away from her nail biting habit.
Put something under your nails like vaseline which will stop you from biting them as it won't taste very nice!
i used to have the same problem, i had been biting my nails since i was 2 get a nail polish specifically designed to stop nail biting that has a bad taste. fake nails can also help because, well for me seeing the whites of my nails is what triggered teh urge to bite it all off, also you won't be able to reach your nails with fake nails on. the way i stopped was by getting braces, keep in mind this is an expensive, and sometimes extremely painful option.
Try putting something bitter on them. I use to dab a little nail polish remover. And if I bit into them, yuck! Or try garlic, ginger, onion for the smell. The drugstore also sells this polish you can put on them. Or try to get them polished and in a nice light color. That way, when you have less urge to bite. Or if you do, you get flakes on your lips. Another way is acrylic nails. It's really hard to bite through. Good luck!
You need an Inspiration to stop.Think beautiful and loved and being in-love will help you change and loose this habit .Pretend that your crush is looking and interested at you.Stand in the mirror and watch yourself eating your fingernails and comment in yourself.What do you think.It works try it .
MY SON DOES IT ALSO. JUST TRY NOT TO HONEY. HE HAS TRIED EVERYTHING AND IS 21 AND STILL DOING IT. I HATE IT WHEN HE THROWS THEM AROUND THE HOUSE THO.. UGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment