Tuesday, August 4, 2009

HELPPPPPP! My tooth hurts!?

My gums kinda hurt above one of my canines, but when I touch the tooth right under where the gun is, it doesn't hurt. If I bite on something, it can hurt. Is it sore gums, or is it a cavity. It's right at the gumline. It's when zi touch te gum is when it hrts? HELP!!!
Answer:
Hello, as a dentist myself I recommend you seeing your regular dentist as soon as possible as a minor toothache can turn into something more serious (ie: Abscess Tooth which is extremely painful). Until you can see a dentist I recommend taking Morin for pain and anti inflammation and using Orajel around the gum line of the tooth. Also try using a COLD compress as heat can cause a possible infection to worsen and spread.
Set an apponiment with your deisnet and they cna tell u what is wrong.
go to the dentist duh!!
Pssh, he cant wait that long. Go to CVS or some place like that. Im sure they have some pain relief stuff that you can put on your gum or tooth that can help a bunch.
I would suggest go to the dentist if it does not get better in a couple days.
GO TO YOUR DENTIST SILLY! Doesn't matter if it's the gum or the tooth. Only your dentist can judge what the cause is by taking an x-ray film and examining the tooth. If it is the gums, he will clean out the area and possibly prescribe a medicated mouth rinse called Peridex. If it is the nerve in the tooth that is infected, he will do a root canal treatment. don't freak out! Root canal in of itself does not hurt. It is the infected tooth that hurts. But your dentist will give you lots of anesthesia so it should not be too bad. Either way... see your dentist ASAP!
Walgreens (probably other stores too) sells a 'Red Cross' toothache kit (comes with clove drops, tweezers, and little cotton balls). I actually just bought some today. I have an infected tooth that started yesterday, it's numbing it pretty well. Tastes AWFUL and be careful not to sallow but it does work. Also, pure vanilla extract helps with pain but doesnt last as long as the Red Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment