Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Home-made braces: any ideas for closing gaps in teeth?

I may want to get braces eventually, and I figure if I can close this gap in my front teeth more beforehand, I can prevent orthodontist visits and save money.
Answer:
Don't do it. You don't know how much force you are putting on your teeth, and that can lead to very bad problems like destroying your tooth roots (inflammatory root resorption).It will end up costing you even more money to fix that.
I've never heard of any way to do that yourself. Orthodontics is a skilled specialty and really should only be attempted by professionals.
I wouldn't recommend do it yourself dentistry, and by doing it yourself you may cause more extensive work later on by misaligning your teeth more than they are now, and it will cost more when you do have it done professionally. If the gap bothers you that much you either get it corrected now and move on, or do nothing and learn to live with it.
I've never heard of anybody doing that before. Have you tried just going to the dentist and see what type of payment plans you could get on... I think you would do more damge than good. In the end you would just end up paying more bc they have to fix what you did as well.
veneers. They are not the cheapest thing in the world, but I'm sure they are cheaper than braces. and its nice because you walk in to the dentist, walk out with no more gap. Just ask the dentists in your area if they do Veneers
There's bonding or veneers. Bonding is cheaper. Both have to be done at the dentist. It's best to visit your dentist. Most Ortho consultations are free and some offer payment plans. I paid monthly after a small down payment. So I didn't have to come up w/the whole amount upfront. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment