Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How can I get back on track with my trumpet after getting braces?

This is my 6th year playing trumpet and I got braces about 2 weeks ago, I've been blowing into my mouthpiece everyday, but I'm good as I was when I first started... man it's depressing!I have a jazz concert coming up in about a month, I want to be back in shape for it. I'm just scared that it'll take me longer...Any playing tips, warming up tips, mouth positioning tips, how long should I practise for everyday? Any advice would be awesome thanks.
Answer:
Check out this site. They make a product that's used by people who play instruments.
Ouch. Maybe you could take up piano until the braces come off. When you go back to the trumpet, your understanding of music will be greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment