Saturday, August 8, 2009

How do I know if I'm grinding teeth and how can I stop it?

I think I grind my teeth at night but I'm not sure. Sometimes when I wake up my jaw is really stiff and my teeth hurt a little.
What can I do to stop this?
Why does this happen?
Is it because I ate before going to bed? Or is it from stress? What? I don't wake up with a stiff mouth all the time, but I did today and it's a little scary. So what do I do? Is this serious?
Answer:
Its called "Bruxism", and although common, it can cause some very serious problems. Your dentist can make you a nightguard. You can also try one of the sports guards they sell over the counter to try to break you of this habit. It is usually a symptom of stress.
It can be stress related
it can a sign of rectal pinworms
check with your dentist, and to stop it the dentist can give u a mouthpiece you wear at night. i think u can buy one in stores too.
Get a massage... works wonders...
also try a mouth guard at night while your sleeping...

No comments:

Post a Comment