Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How can I reduce the swelling in my gums?

They have been swollen around the front of my mouth for a while now and nothing I do is helping. I've been to the dentist etc and all they say is brush better, but I am! I have gotten braces, but they've since been off for about four months now and my orthodontist says the swelling should have gone down by now. Any help?
Answer:
Brush your teeth after every meal.
swish with warm salty water
gargle a luke warm water with vinegar and rock salt. not the iodized small grained salt.do that before you sleep and after you eat.
The only time I get swollen gums is if there is bacteria. Try swishing several times a day with Listerine, salt water or that new Crest mouthwash. Swish for at least 1 minute. If it doesn't come down in a week, I don't know what else to suggest. Salt- doesn't matter what salt you use. Bacteria are accustomed to a non-salt environment and adding salt changes the environment.
You probably have gingivitis, the start of periodontal disease. You need to FLOSS, daily. That's the only thing that helps the gums. What idiot dentist told you to "brush better?"
I had the same problem. WHat I did was brush softly upward intomy gums to get anythig out from underneath them. I also used listerine a lot which helped. I have also heard that salt water will work.
you have to floss too. they may bleed a little at first but they will toughen up. maybe change your dentist...he should of been more helpful.
use a toothpick regularly
It tastes nasty but it works! Tea tree oil. Add just a few drops of oil to a dixie cup of warm water and swish. It is an antibacterial oil that is all natural and actually comes from the tea tree. It has a camphor odor and is very concentrated.Stay away from meaty fibers, hard chewing foods that can deposit and create havoc.
Try using a water pik if you have one. It will massage the gums and cause them to bleed until they get healthier. Bleeding gets rid of the bacterias. Hydrogen peroxide and water will help tremendously too. It is not as effective as the TTO though.

No comments:

Post a Comment