Saturday, August 8, 2009

How do I deal with bad breath after I got my wisdom teeth pulled?

I got my wisdom teeth removed Thursday. It is now Tuesday, the pain has gone away for the most part but now I am dealing with bad breath. I had all 4 taken out, the top two were out of the gums, so I have holes where I get food stuck but its a lot easier to clean cause I can reach it with my tongue and a q-tip.However, my bottom ones had to be cut into, I can barely even see the hole. If I spread my cheeks wide enough, I can see some red where I believe the incision was made.How do I deal with this bad breath? How do I clean my holes? Will I have to worry about this until the holes fill up?Also, I noticed that all the stitches dissolved Monday night, which is 4 days after the operation. Is this normal?
Answer:
To deal with your holes, gargle with warm salt water. You want to make sure that your holes are clean until they fill in, if not, it may cause an infection. As for the bad breath, scrub the hell out of your tongue, and just make sure those sockets are clean. Stitches dissolving, is normal. A lot of the times its easier on the patient and the doc if the stitches dissolve. Its normal, there are two kinds of stitches (sutures) that i am aware of, the silk, and the gutta. one dissolves and one has to be cut and removed. You'll be ok, just keep the sockets clean! Get well!
Gargle a lot until your mouth is completely healed. The holes will eventually fill in,.
Call your oral surgeon and ask them what is best. I have used salt water,,,slosh it slowly around in your mouth and spit gently.
The dentist should've given you some sort of antiseptic prescription mouthwash, he did for me, and this little squirty tube to get "food" out of your "holes"
Keep rinsing with salt water followed by a mouthwash. Also, pay attention to brushing. Maybe you slacked a bit because of pain.
Rinse with Listerine, it is a very powerful mouthwash that should get rid of any germs that cause bad breath. I don't know about your stitches though, call your doctor.
Eat yogurt often,as it have some gem which can kill other gem that cause bad breath.
well usually a slice of bread helps with the bad breath. with cleaning the holes i really dont know but just make sure you brush twice a day so they clean good. the rest im not sure of. : /
Are you rinsing with warm salty water? Rinse often. That will help. Also an antiseptic mouthwash. You have to keep those areas clean because the last thing you want is an infection.Also...the stitches dissolving is normal.They do eventually fill in, but it is something you have to be aware of for a while.
1 teaspoon baking soda %26 1 teaspoon salt mixed in warm water. Use this as a mouth rinse, it will freshen breath and help with healing.
There is this product called Smartmouth, you can do a google search on it. It comes in mouthwash, gum and toothpaste. Probably the bleeding is making your breath smell badly so that's normal since you did get your wisdom teeth removed. I didn't get mine removed but when they were coming out, I had a lot of bleeding and my breath smelled bad due to that. I don't think you have much to worry about if you are following your doctor's advice to a T. If you feel you have an infection, then you should call your doc immediately. I'm sure you were prescribed antibiotics and mouthwash for that. The holes will fill up with gum tissue so don't worry about that.
try shovin' the brush way back there as long as it doesn't hurt. or brush for like 4-5 minutes, all over the place, including the toung. try some mouth wash, but that gets annoying to keep buying. Brush your toung also. You might just be basically screwed with bad breath, but just try brushing your teeth more. Maybe you just have bad breath in general from being hungry with a dry mouth. ya know. I know some foo's w/ bad breath who never had their's pulled. Bad breath may also be caused by hydrogentated oil.
The stitches dissolved pretty much right on schedule. You should also be brushing your teeth and tongue on a daily basis, at least once a day and preferably two or three. You can also do a gentle swish rinse anytime you need to, and probably after you've eaten. That should help remove any food particles stuck in the spots. You could use an antiseptic mouth rinse, though it might sting the op sites. The redness is normal, it's due to an increased blood supply in the area which needs to be healed. Keep your tongue out of the open spots, though. The mouth is naturally full of bacteria, which don't cause problems unless they get into the gums- and you currently have open spots with welcome mats out. The holes will gradually fill themselves in over the next few months, from the bottom outwards to the top of the gums. Until they have filled enough not to be repositories for food bits, you should continue the swish rinse of your mouth after eating. You can do it with just plain water, and swallow after the swish, it won't hurt a thing if you don't spit it out. Part of the dragon breath could also be due to the blood clots formed as seals over the exposed bone. You don't want to displace those, though, as that's what helps block infection from the jawbone. As the gumline heals, you should notice a lot less problem. Meantime, brush, floss, and swish rinse. And tic-tacs/breath mints are okay in between.
I just had mines taken out about 2 weeks ago. Two impacted and 2 fully out. For bad breath, my doc said to brush your teeth gently. It's going to happens cuz your body's healing. Rinsing with warm salt water after every meal can help dislodge the food and promotes healing. The holes completely heal in about 2 months. My left side stitches fell out on day 3. Then the rest withing 5-6 days. Book a follow-up appt to make sure all is healing well and to dislodge any tiny pieces of food if needed. I still rinse afer every meal and it's been about 2 weeks. Good luck!
hi. i find with any dental problems at all, i can gargle with some hydrogen peroxide and it helps so much. its amazing! the peroxide kills germs and helps with the healing too. when i say gargle, i also mean squish the solution between all of your teeth back and forth about ten times,spit it out then rinse with plain water and repeat it. i do it every morning and every evening. good luck.
A few seeds of cardamom chewed for a brief while will clear your mouth of bad breath. Chew parsley leaves,which are sure to keep your breath fresh. More useful remedies at http://useinfo5.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment