Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How can I stop biting my nails until they are so sore?

Someone give some idea my nubby slaps my hand everytime until I stop he getting mad at me and I cant stop please someone help me
Answer:
Try rubbing them with something bitter. I would dab a little nail polish remover. It smells and the taste is not good. Or try garlic, onions, or pepper for smell. They also sell a kind of nail polish specifically for nail biting, at the drugstore. Worth a try. Keep them polished and painted with a nice bright color. Or cut them super short. Or acrylic nails helps. They have shorter ones too. They are really hard to bite through and don't feel like real nail. Or try replacing that habit with something else. Sunflower seeds, use of a stress ball, playing with a pencil, gum, etc. Good luck!
Several treatment measures may help you stop biting your nails. Some focus on behavior changes and some focus on physical barriers to nail-biting. * Keep your nails trimmed and filed. Taking care of your nails can help reduce your nail-biting habit and encourage you to keep your nails attractive.
* Have a manicure regularly or use nail polish. Men can use a clear polish. Wearing artificial nails may stop you from biting your nails and protect them as they grow out.
* Try stress-management techniques if you bite your nails because you are anxious or stressed.
* Paint a bitter-tasting polish, such as CONTROL-IT or Thum, on your nails. The awful taste will remind you to stop every time you start to bite your nails.
* Try substituting another activity, such as drawing or writing or squeezing a stress ball or silly putty, when you find yourself biting your nails. If you keep a record of nail-biting, you will become more aware of the times when you bite your nails and be able to stop the habit.
* Wear gloves, adhesive bandages, or colored stickers whenever possible to remind you not to bite your nails.
* Snap a rubber band on the inside of your wrist when you start to bite your nails so you have a negative physical response to nail-biting.
i was a chronic nail biter for over 24 years. when i was a child the only reason i stopped was i had braces and it was to hard to bite them. but once they were off i was back to biting. i tried everything that everyone told me to try, till, about a year and a half ago, when i had acrylic nails put on and since then i have not bitten my nails. i only had the acrylic done once and after that i just made sure i did my nails so that i would notice how nice my hands looked with normal nails. it took awhile for them to get nice and thick, but now they are wonderful and i dont think i will ever go back to biting again.
Reformed nail biter myself. You need to replace one habit for another but the big ? is WHY. If you can figure that out it may help you to stop. I finally stopped when a very close friend of mine very nicely told me that my hands were very ugly and I should stop biting. I saw my hands through new eyes that day and I made a very conscious effort to stop. I have tried those rotten tasting polishes but they don't work. The acrylic nail thing might help though. Good luck.
HELLO APRIL,
THIS FOR YOU HAS BECOME A PERSONAL HABIT AND THE THING TO DO IS TO REPLACE IT WITH ANOTHER HABIT. HAVE YOU CONSIDERED HYPNOSIS?

No comments:

Post a Comment