Tuesday, August 4, 2009

HELP?!my left canine wont grow down!!?

ive got an orthodontist appointment on the 12th of june and last time i went was in october...my orthodontist said dat hes waiting 4 my left canine to grow down cuz its growin on top!!and i swear it hasnt grown since october...im 13 nearly 14 in august and he said dat he will definitely give me braces when im 14..help what should i do?will i ever be able to get braces?
Answer:
My canine never came down. As a matter of fact..Last year I lost my baby tooth ... at age 21. Today I went and got braces. The canine has a brace on it and everything. Your ortho probably just wanted to see how much it will come down on its own. Mine never moved on its own...hopefully these new braces will do the trick!
He might put a brace on it and the teeth on either side of it and then tighten the wires every so often to pull it down...If it is still totally in the gum and it isn't even showing, though, you'll just have to wait. Drink your milk and lots of it! I don't know how scientific it is, but I really think it helps teeth grow in faster.
Ok, by growing on top I wasn't sure if you meant it is actually showing in your mouth or not... But anyway, I had a friend who had the same or similar problem. Her tooth wasn't coming down at all on its own and there was nothing she could have done herself to get it to come down. The orthodontist ended up putting a chain thing on it and attached it to her mouth in a certain way that would pull it down over a period of time. I don't think the orthodontist will delay braces for you any longer because by your age all your teeth should be completely in and if they aren't it really is something the orthodontist or an oral surgeon should fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment