Sunday, June 28, 2009

HELP!! I have "canker" sores in my mouth. Also I have little white bumps on my tongue, they are SO sensitive!

I have reacurring canker sores and bumps on my tongue!! Does anyone know how I get them and even better how to get rid of them!!?? I have been using this stuff to numb them temporaroly, but I want something to get rid of them and never get them again!! Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks in advance.
Answer:
One thing that causes them is acidy drinks like soda, you might need to go to the doctor to make sure you don't have some kind of infection.
sounds like herpes. its a virus and there is nothing you can do except wait it out.
I don't know about the canker sores but as for the bumps on your tounge, do you eat a lot of acidic type foods like tomatoes? If so, those are probably salt bumps and and easy way to get rid of them (it tastes gross but it seriously works) is to get an asprin - the cheap kind, put it on a spoon with some water in it and dissolve it. Then place that on your tongue. Leave that on there for 30 to 60 seconds, rinse your mouth out and by tomorrow they will be done.
just use listerene, it should go a way on its own in a few days. that always works for me. i use to try everything like putting baking soda on the canker sore. that made it smaller in a two days and then i would use listerene. the baking soda would dry the sore. i think its one of those things that once you have it it goes away but comes back later. you cant permantly get rid of it. its like cold sores.
Like everyone else that gave you an answer, it's the acidity level in your mouth that is probably causing these sores.
When I had this situation occur, I was given Milk of Magnesia to rinse with after meals, and during the course of the day. This lowers the acidity level in your mouth. It's not pleasant, it's kind of chalky tasting and it can leave stringy residue in your mouth, but it's worth it.
Stay away from milk (lactic acid), chocolate, tomatoes, pizza sauce, hot-spicy foods. Drink lots of water.
It will still take 7-10 days to clear up. (It has to run it's course)
I have noticed a connection to the amount of sugar I eat and the amount of canker sores or frequency of them. Try cutting down on the sugar and see if that makes a difference in them acutally forming in the first place. Once you have them, brush your teeth more often than normal to kill the bacteria in your mouth. Rinse your mouth with salt water a few times per day. Look up: thrush, or candida and canker sores, online.

No comments:

Post a Comment